SIX PROVEN WAYS TO OUTSMART THE DEVIL
We understand through scriptures that the Devil’s major aim is to kill and destroy and he does this through various channels and schemes. He constantly seeks opportunities to take advantage of Believers especially by tricking them out of God’s plans for their lives. He did this to Adam and Eve and there’s no record at this time that he has repented meaning he’s still out there doing what he does best.
So here are six ways to totally outsmart the devil and put him right where he belongs:
- Stay Alert and Watchful: What do you do when you find out that someone is after your life? You stay alert, right? You take steps towards guarding yourself and even your loved ones. You stay on the look out for potential threats, right? That’s exactly how we ought to treat the Devil who prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking to devour us, well, if we give him a chance. Therefore, it is crucial to stay woke to his schemes. Some of the tactics he deploys are doubt, fear, temptation and division. When you start sensing any of these in or around your life, the devil is definitely at work. But don’t worry, God says, the truth you know will surely set you free. By being aware, you can easily respond with wisdom, prayer and the power of God’s word, foiling his plans and preserving your spiritual well-being.
- Be intentional about your joy: There are so many reasons why the Bible constantly reminds us to stay joyful. That’s because the devil can never stand or understand an atmosphere of joy. In this life, everyone will most likely have a dose of challenges, if not one, then two or more but the Bible in James 1:2-3 says “count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds for you know that the testing of your faith produces patience. As believers, we need to understand that the Devil doesn’t want you to be joyful because he knows he can never disarm or disorientate you in the state of joy. However, when you’re sad, depressed, confused, anxious, in doubt or fear, he can easily destroy you and you don’t want to know how many lives he has affected. When you’re joyful, you have access to every good thing including strength from God. So, even when you don’t want to be joyful, you have to be intentional about it.
- Rely on the power of the Holy Spirit: We are not alone in this battle. The Holy Spirit resides in us, empowering us to overcome the devil’s schemes. Yield to the Spirit’s guidance, rely on His strength, and invite Him to fill every area of your life. The Spirit will equip you with discernment, wisdom, and supernatural power to resist the enemy’s attacks. There’s absolutely nothing that the Holy Spirit cannot take care of; all you have to do is invite him into your situation, he is and will always be your comforter. Perhaps, you’re not certain about whether the Holy Spirit lives in you. Well, here are 3 questions you should ask yourself: Are you born again? Have you been baptized with the Holy Spirit? Do you fellowship with God? If your answers are all yes, then you need to know that the Holy Spirit lives in you. What do you do? Search your spirit in the place of prayer and meditation. You will always find him there.
- Clothe Yourself in God’s Armor: As mentioned in Ephesians 6:10-18, we are called to put on the whole armor of God. Each piece of this spiritual armor—truth, righteousness, the gospel of peace, faith, salvation, and the Word of God—equips us to stand against the devil’s attacks. Put on this armor daily through prayer, consciously inviting God’s protection and empowerment and you can sure that he will come to your aid.
- Seek Accountability and Fellowship: Isolation is the enemy’s breeding ground. Surround yourself with fellow believers who can provide accountability, encouragement, and support. Engage in a community of faith where you can grow together, share experiences, and uplift one another. Together, you can expose the devil’s schemes and stand strong in unity. If you’re struggling in any area and feel like your strength is not enough, you need to seek help from fellow believers.
- Know and Stand on God’s Word: Familiarize yourself with the truth of God’s Word. The Bible is our greatest weapon against the devil’s lies. Meditate on Scripture, memorize key verses, and internalize God’s promises. When faced with the enemy’s temptations or deceptions, stand firm on the truth of God’s Word, confidently declaring its authority over every situation. This is the best and easiest way to outsmart the devil and shut him up. The Bible says you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free. On the contrary, if you don’t know your authority in Christ, Satan will cheat you big time. Don’t give him a chance beloved.
In conclusion, the earlier you realize that Satan and his minions have been placed under your feet, the better. It’s time to put that rebellious miscreant where he belongs. Don’t let him fool you, his tricks and schemes are not new, so don’t play into his hands. Rise up, believer and take authority for you’re more than a conqueror.
You can watch our last Sunday series on YouTube by clicking here.