The membership coordinator is a passionate leader that ensures that guests who come to church are managed, retained and are assimilated into Harvester’s culture and vision.
Key Result/Responsibility Areas and Job Description
Strategy and Tracking
- Work with other ministry and membership Ministry Team to develop goals for membership development, objectives for achieving those goals, and processes to evaluate, track, measure, and report results
- Communicate regularly on progress toward these objectives and their outcomes
- Collect data on visitors and returning visitors for robust tracking of attendance (visitors, worshippers) and enter into database
- Organize outreach plan to attract new members
- To develop and implement strategies that help guest feel at home and acquire a deep sense of belonging to Harvesters
- Serve as a conduit as individuals become new members, staying in touch as they get assimilated and until they are participating in cells, small groups teams or other church activities
- Respond to needs for volunteers from church leaders and match volunteers with positions
- Develop and oversee the implementation of members’ decisions thereby partnering with them for growth
- Serve as a conduit as individuals become new members, staying in touch as they get acclimated and until they are participating in church teams or activities
- To educate members on the care system as well as ensure that care and welfare is provided for members in need
- Meeting needs of members within the confines of laid down system of the Such needs include benevolence, Business & Career, Counsel, Marriage & Relationships.
- Ensure that members of the church are present and are healthy by checking up on church members and interacting with them as well as attending to all complaints and disputes
Communication and Administration
- Ensure that the church database and records of all members are up to date Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain the database of church new and existing members
- Develop orientation programs to welcome new members of the congregation
- Provide weekly updates to the Church and departmental team and Pastor
- Collect data on visitors and returning visitors
- Support and attend to new members on an ongoing basis to answer questions about church life
- Work with office staff and Church volunteers to prepare welcome packets and membership class materials, for the new member packets
- Provide specific training for greeters to enhance the “welcoming attitude” of the congregation toward visitors and newcomers.
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers to create additional social opportunities to help build relationships, for the new converts
Competency and Skill Requirement Academic Qualification and Work Experience Personal Skills § Bachelor’s degree recommended
§ Minimum of 3-4 years in sales and marketing or preferable in a similar environment
§ Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and social media web platforms.
§ A committed born-again Christian, with a personal and active relationship with God
§ A versatile and good communicator who is passionate about people.
§ Must be a leader.
§ Must have pastoral leading.
§ Must be able to translate strategy into action
§ Must be a creative and innovative thinker
§ Should have a sound understanding of Harvesters doctrine
§ Must be able to work in a fast paced, goal -oriented
§ Good administration and people management skill
§ Must be able to lead and work with a team
§ Must have proficiency in data processing
§ Microsoft office proficiency
Interested candidates should send their CVs using the title of the role as subject to firstname.lastname@example.org